30 Day Smoke Free-Day 11
I have a challenge for you today. Today, I want you to run an errand and leave the cigarettes at home. And no stopping for smokes. You can smoke when you get back, but leave them at home.
If you are driving to work, do not smoke until you get to work. No cheating. You have to believe that you can make it without smoking while driving.
This was the hardest part for me. I didn’t have anything else to do. Take some water with you, chew gum, take suckers, and crank up the music and rock out.
Just say to yourself, “NOT RIGHT NOW!!”
Back at home, Instead of smoking:
- Scrub the floor- The floor could always use a good scrubbing. If you smoke in the house, spray water on the walls. Watch the yellow run down with the water. It is really gross and will show you how dirty smoking is.
- Make a to-do list- Depending on how often you smoke, not smoking will give you an extra hour a day that you aren’t doing anything. Make a to-do list, or you can make your own “instead of” list!!
- Make a honey-do list- If you are making a list for you, might as well involve the spouse!
- Make/Fix your budget- If you budget your spending, now would be a great time to revamp it. You will be saving money each month now by not smoking!
- Sit outside- Just sit outside in the sun and relax. Breathe deep and enjoy the fresh air!
Keep tracking your smokes and the triggers
Today in your notebook, write:
Smokers vs. nonsmokers, pros and cons
Trivia: Is smoking a form of meditation?
Some answer yes and they’re absolutely right. Most smokers either change their environment to smoke, like going outside, or they get away from certain people, or they join certain people to talk about whatever the nicotine rush helps them consider. Once the nicotine is replaced with proper nutrition and pH balance of the body, meditation is easier and can be your “best friend.”
See your tomorrow for Day 12
Remember to keep yourself accountable and leave comments below every day you complete a challenge!!