Why buy when you can DIY?
I always prefer to make my own instead of buying. Usually it will cost much less to make it yourself because you aren’t paying for that convenience factor. And…you buy things pre-made, do you really know what they put in there?
I am giving you my usuals. These are the foods that I prefer to make myself and they don’t really take much time. If they did, I would probably pay for the convenience!
- 1 package Cream Cheese
- Milk, as needed
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese
- Olive oil, as needed
- 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- ½ teaspoon Parsley
- 1. Sauté garlic in olive oil over med heat until fragrant. Add cream cheese and stir until melted.
- 2. Add milk ¼ cups at a time, stirring until desired thickness. Add parsley and parmesan cheese, stirring to thicken. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- ¼ cup chopped Onion
- 1 can crushed Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- ½ teaspoon Basil
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Oregano
- 1. Sauté onion and garlic in Olive oil over med heat. Add tomatoes, salt and oregano. Turn heat to med-low and simmer 20 minutes. Season as needed with salt and pepper.
- Be sure to season to taste. If you like more basil, add more basil!!
- 13 medium Apples
- 3 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Water
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 1. Core, Peel, and Cube apples
- 2. Place apples and remaining ingredients in a large pot.
- 3. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 30 min.
- 4. Remove from heat. Puree in food processor.
- 5. Cool and place in air tight storage container.
- 6. Keep in fridge for a week, or freeze for up to 1 year!