French Toast Sticks
My kids don't like wheat bread unless I use it for french toast! Great way to sneak in some whole grains!
- 1 loaf wheat bread
- 8 eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla
- Cinnamon for sprinkling (optional)
- 1. Mix eggs and milk in large bowl. Add vanilla.
- 2. Heat skillet over med high heat. Spray with nonstick spray.
- 3. Dip each slice of bread in egg mixture to coat both sides. Cook in skillet until brown on both sides.
- 4. Optional: Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 5. Cut into strips and flash freeze on baking sheet for 1 hour. Place in freezer bags to store until use.
- 6. Heat frozen sticks in oven or toaster oven
Sausage Egg Mini Quiches
- Apple Turnover Dough
- 1/2 lb. Sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Prepare dough as in Apple turnover recipe. After rolling dough to 1/8 inch rectangle, use biscuit cutter or drinking glass to cut out circles.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350. Spray muffin tins with nonstick spray.
- 3. Press circles into muffin cups. Top with 1 tablespoon egg, sausage, cheese, and salt and pepper.
- 4. Bake 20 minutes or until bottom of cups are slightly browned.
- 5. Cool and freeze in bags.
- 6. To reheat, bake in 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- • 1/4 cup butter
- • 1/3 cup chopped onion
- • 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- • 18 eggs
- • 1/2 cup milk
- • 1 cup chopped ham
- • 1 teaspoon salt
- • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- • 20 flour tortillas
- Saute onions and green pepper in butter. Beat eggs and milk together and pour into the skillet with the onions and peppers.
- Add the ham, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until eggs are set. Mix in cheese and let melt.
- Scoop 1/2 cup egg mixture onto tortillas. Fold ends under and roll up. Freeze (see instructions below) or put all burritos in a baking dish, top with extra cheese (if you’d like) and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with salsa.
- Wrap burrito in a paper towel and then in a sheet of foil. Seal tightly and place in freezer bags. When bag is full, remove all air and seal. Freeze.
- To serve: Remove foil and put paper-towel-wrapped burrito in microwave. Reheat for around one minute. Serve with salsa.
Freezer Friendly Baked Oatmeal
- • 1/3 cup butter, melted
- • 2 large eggs
- • 3/4 cup raw sugar (or brown sugar)
- • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- • 1/4 teaspoon salt
- • 1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons milk
- • 3 cups oats (regular or quick oats)
- Beat eggs, sugar and butter together. Mix in baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir in milk and oats. Pour into a greased 9×13 foil pan or baking dish and cover well. (Can use a Ziploc freezer bag, if freezing). Freeze.
- To serve: Thaw overnight in the refrigerator. In the morning, bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes, until set in the middle. Serve warm with milk. (We like to sprinkle sugar on top before pouring the milk on.)
- If you want to serve it without freezing it first, let it sit in the refrigerator overnight and then bake it at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes in the morning.