How often do you dine out because you are too tired or too busy to cook dinner? Happens to all of us. Good news! You no longer have to spend oodles of money of dining out; now you have ready made meals in the freezer!!!
Chicken and Rice Wraps
These are also great for quick lunches.
- 2 cups Chicken-cooked and shredded
- 3 cups Water
- 1 cup Salsa
- 2 tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 2 cups Rice (not instant rice)
- 20 Flour Tortillas
- 1. In a skillet, combine chicken, water, salsa, and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil and add rice. Simmer, covered, on low 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- 2. Spoon ¼ cup of mixture onto center of tortillas. Fold sides in and roll tightly. Allow to cool completely.
- 3. Wrap in plastic wrap and store in freezer bags.
- 4. To serve: Thaw in fridge overnight. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Tip: When baking, add a little water under the wraps and cover with foil. This will keep the wraps from drying out and getting too crispy.
Creamy Hamburger Potato Soup
- 1/2 lb. Ground Turkey or Beef
- 2 teaspoons Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 6 Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons Basil
- 1 teaspoon Parsley
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 1. In a large pot, brown meat, onion powder and garlic powder. Drain. Add potatoes, carrots, basil, parsley, and broth.
- 2. Bring to a rolling boil. Reduce heat to medium low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes until veggies are tender. Allow to cool completely. Carefully pour into freezer bag and freeze. Write thaw and serving instructions on the bag.
- 3. To serve: Thaw in fridge overnight.
Serving day ingredients
- 2 cups Milk ½ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/3 cup Flour salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar
- 1. Pour contents back into large pot and bring to a boil. Combine milk and flour in a blender until smooth. Gradually pour mix into soup, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until thickened and starts to boil again. Add cheese stirring until melted. Serve hot.
Cream Cheese Chicken
Prepare in CrockPot and freeze. Quick re-heat make this a great freezer meal!
- 1 package Italian Dressing Mix
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2 cups Chicken Breast, chopped
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 package Cream Cheese
- 1. Turn on Crock Pot to high heat. Melt butter and add dressing mix. Cut chicken into strips and mix with butter and dressing. Cover and cook on High for 2 hours. Remove to cool.
- 2. Add chicken soup and cream cheese to crock pot until smooth and melted. Mix with chicken and cool completely. Place in freezer bag to freeze.
- 3. Thaw in fridge. Heat in saucepan until hot and bubbly. Serve over mashed potatoes or egg noodles.
Spinach Chicken Casserole
- 2 cups Chicken-cooked and shredded
- 1 small Onion-chopped
- 1/2 cup Green Pepper-chopped
- 1 jar Pasta Sauce
- 1 package Frozen Spinach
- 1 can Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Black Olives-chopped (optional)
- 1. Thaw spinach and squeeze dry.
- 2. Sauté onion and green pepper in olive oil until softened. Add sauce, spinach, mushrooms, and olives. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- 3. Add chicken to pan. Toss to coat. Cool and freeze in freezer bag. Write thaw and serve directions on the bag.
- To serve: thaw in fridge overnight. Cook Penne pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Heat oven to 350. Pour mixture into 13X9 casserole dish. Add pasta and 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella cheese. Bake 20 minutes or until heated through.
What's better than a hot pot of Chili on a cool day? Chile that is already prepared!!!
- 1 lb. Ground Beef or Turkey
- 1 Onion-chopped
- 1 cup Celery-chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 2 cans Tomatoes-undrained
- 1 can Tomato Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Dash of Cayenne Pepper(optional)
- 1. Cook ground turkey, onions, celery, and garlic in large pot over medium heat. Add remaining ingredients except pasta. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 50 minutes.
- 2. Add pasta and simmer 10 minutes.
- 3. Cool completely and place in freezer bag to freeze. Write thaw directions on the bag.
- To Serve: Thaw in fridge overnight. Place back in large pot. Add ¼ cup water and bring to a boil. Add broken Spaghetti noodles or Elbow macaroni and cook until pasta is tender.