The kiddos get home from school and they are starving! They will raid your pantry if you aren’t prepared and grab who knows what! Be ready with a quick snack straight from the freezer!
Ham and Cheese Pockets
These take a little time but it is well worth it for a great snack or lunch!
- • 3 cups flour
- • 4 Tablespoons dry milk
- • 3 1/2 Tablespoons sugar
- • 1 teaspoon salt
- • 2 Tablespoons yeast
- • 1 cup warm water
- • Sliced ham
- • Shredded or sliced cheese
- To make dough in bread machine: Add ingredients in the bread machine in the order listed and run on the dough cycle. Check about halfway through to see if you need to add a little extra water or flour to make a soft dough.
- To make dough by hand: Dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in salt, sugar, and dry milk. Add flour and stir until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Dump dough onto a floured surface and knead for around 5 minutes, until a soft dough forms. Add a little more flour, if needed.
- To make Ham & Cheese Pockets: Divide dough into 10-14 balls. Roll each ball into a rectangle. Put ham and cheese on half of the rectangle. Fold dough over and pinch sides to seal tightly.
- Bake Pockets on a greased cookie sheet at 350-degrees for 15-18 minutes, until lightly browned.
- To freeze: Let cool completely. Freeze in airtight ziptop freezer bags for up to 2-3 months.
- To serve: Remove desired number of pizza pockets from the freezer and warm them individually in the microwave for about two minutes or until heated through. Or, warm on a cookie sheet in a 350-degrees oven for 20 minutes, or until heated through.
Not for the freezer, but a great snack to keep in the pantry!
- 1 1/3 cup Flour
- 1 1/3 cup shredded Cheddar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 cup Butter, cubed
- 1 Egg
- 1. In a bowl or food processor, combine flour, cheese, salt, and garlic powder. Add butter cubes and pulse until crumbly. Blend in egg until dough comes together.
- 2. Turn dough onto a sheet of plastic wrap. Form into a 1 inch log. Wrap tightly and chill for 2 hours, or freeze until ready to use. Thaw in fridge before baking.
- 3. Preheat oven to 375. Slice roll into coins. Bake 15 minutes. Cool. Store in airtight containers.
Pepperoni Pizza Puffs
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 4 oz. Shredded Mozzarella
- 4 oz. Pepperoni-chopped
- Pizza Sauce for dipping
- 1. Preheat oven to 375. Grease muffin tins.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk flour and baking powder. Whisk in milk and egg. Stir in Mozzarella and pepperoni. Let stand 10 minutes.
- 4. Stir batter and divide among muffin cups. Bake 25 minutes.
- 5. Cool and freeze in freezer bags. Reheat frozen puffs in 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- 6. Serve with Pizza Sauce.
- 1/2 package Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 1/4 cup Black Olives, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar
- 1 package sliced Ham-chopped
- 6 Tortilla Shells
- 1. Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- 2. Spread over tortilla shells and tight roll. Cover with plastic wrap and chill. Or freeze wrapped again in foil until ready to use. Thaw in fridge.
- 3. To serve, cut into 1 inch slices.
Homemade Egg Rolls
These can be filled with ground pork, shrimp, or crab meat.
- 1 package Egg Roll Wrappers
- Cole Slaw mix-chopped
- 1 Egg, beaten well
- Salad Shrimp, crab, or ground Pork
- 1. Preheat oven to 400. Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray or line with parchment paper.
- 2. In small skillet, sauté meat until cooked. Add Cole slaw mix and toss.
- 3. Spoon tablespoon of mix onto center of wraps. Fold in corners and roll. Brush seam with egg to seal.
- 4. Place seam side down onto baking sheet. Brush tops and sides with remaining egg.
- 5. Bake 15-20 minutes. Cool and freeze in freezer bag.
- 6. Reheat at 350 for 15 minutes.
A game day favorite!
- 4 large potatoes
- 2 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar
- 1 package Bacon Bits
- 1/2 Sour Cream (for serving)
- 4 Green Onion, chopped (optional)
- 1. Bake potatoes at 375 for 1 hour. Cool to handle.
- 2. Cut into quarters. Carefully scoop our pulp, leaving ¼ inch around shell.
- 3. Set oven to broil. Brush inside of skins with butter. Broil 5 minutes until crispy.
- 4. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Cool and freeze.
- 5. To serve: Place frozen skins in oven at 350 and bake 15 minutes until cheese is melted.
- 6. Top with green onions and serve with sour cream.